Optech Microscope Services offer high quality, fast, reliable microscope service and repairs, by factory trained service engineers with many years professional experience. It is recommended that all instruments are serviced annually, for a microscope this will help to keep the instrument in good optical condition, reduce the risk of breakdowns, and prolong its life span.
At Optech Microscope Services we can offer our customers an annual service contract agreement tailor made to suit your needs and budget. Contract customers receive priority treatment, annual service due reminders, and discounts for multiple year contracts. We are also happy to carry out one off service visits and breakdown repairs to any make and model of microscope. Please view our microscope service schedule below for full details of work carried out during a microscope service visit.
We are also equipped for your general eyepiece graticule (reticule) calibration needs with our stage micrometres calibrated & certificated to a UKAS standard. For more information on this service please Contact Us.
Microscope Service Schedule
- Pre-clean, function test & inspection.
- Strip to component level.
- Clean components.
- Clean optics, filters and light source.
- Clean exterior and remove any non-applicable labels.
- Remove old lubricant and re-grease stage and focus assembly where required.
- Minor repairs made at no extra charge (exc parts)
- Major repairs only completed at direction of customer.
- Set up and adjust as required.
- Re test instrument functions.
- Focus, resolution, alignment, parfocality, zoom.
- Re clean outer surfaces and affix date of service label.
- Complete engineers report sheet, and detail any further work, recommendations to customer.