Optech Microscope Services offer high quality, fast, reliable microtome service and repairs, by factory trained service engineers with many years professional experience. It is recommended that all instruments are serviced annually, for a microtome this will help to keep the instrument in a good working condition, reduce the risk of breakdowns, and prolong its life span.
With many years as the sole UK agent for sales and service of Microm histology products, Optech are happy to offer microtome service contracts. Optech can service and repair all makes and models of microtome, from base sledge to fully motorized models. Please view our microtome service schedule below for full details of work carried out during a microtome service visit.
Microtome Service Schedule
- Pre-clean, function test & inspection.
- Strip to component level.
- Remove wax build up and clean components inc.
- Knife holder, block holder and accessories.
- Clean exterior and remove any non-applicable labels.
- Remove old lubricant and re-grease/oil vertical and horizontal mechanism, and feed screw.
- Minor repairs made at no extra charge (exc parts)
- Major repairs only completed at direction of customer.
- Check and adjust cutting thickness where required.
- Re test instrument functions.
- Advance sys, vert/hori. movement, trim feed functions.
- Motor drive functions, knife and block holders.
- Re clean outer surfaces and affix date of service label.
- Complete engineers report sheet, and detail any further work, recommendations to customer.